If you are seeking an opportunity that combines great experience with a passion for helping others, Habitat Maui is looking for its next Executive Director! Help build homes, communities, and hope!
Habitat for Humanity Maui seeks a full-time Executive Director to advance the agency’s mission to build decent housing and to renovate substandard housing on Maui in partnership with community volunteers and potential homeowners. The Executive Director provides overall management and leadership in accordance with the directives, policies, and objectives set by the Board of Directors. Key responsibilities include leading the culture of the organization, agency operations, fundraising, community relations, financial management, strategic planning, staff supervision, and working closely with the Board of Directors.
Position Type: Full Time
Starting Salary: $45,000 – $55,000 per year, potential increase after six months.
Location: Maui, Hawaiʻi
Reports to: Board of Directors
Evaluation: 90 Days/Annual thereafter
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning, Program Development, and Administration
- Supervise, hire, and provide direction to the staff responsible for all functions of Habitat Maui – construction, ReStore, volunteer management, family services, mortgage servicing, site selection, faith relations, marketing, and administration.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and execute the plans and policies as directed by the Board of Directors. • Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all governmental agencies necessary for Habitat Maui to successfully conduct its programs.
- Ensure that all required official records and documents are maintained, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain working knowledge of significant developments and trends within Maui County and the broader Habitat community.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work. • Advocate on a local, state, and national level for attainable housing.
Fundraising, Communications, and Public Relations
- Develop relationships with strategic partners for development and fundraising for the organization and its programs.
- Supervise and provide direction for a comprehensive development and fundraising plan for the affiliate working with the Development Director.
- Participates in fundraising activities and in securing Home Sponsorships including grant writing and public speaking.
- Make strategic asks where appropriate for the organization and associated programs.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative agreements with local and state community groups and nonprofit organizations, including State Support Organization, Habitat for Humanity International, funding and development sources, homeowners, and other agencies providing similar services in Hawaii.
- Maintain appropriate relations with internal constituent groups including the Board of Directors, Board Committees, Operational Committees, staff, and key volunteers.
- Develop relationships with church committees through educational presentations on Habitat Maui and its Ministry.
- Represent the programs and point of view of Habitat Maui to agencies, organizations, and the general public by being the face of Habitat Maui.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and effective employment of Habitat Maui staff and volunteers.
- Ensure job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are performed and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Ensures the development of an effective volunteer program.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education
- Maintain a climate which attracts, retains, and motivates staff and volunteers. Financial Management and Budgeting
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, the Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure completion of audits and other financial activities.
- Maintain confidential employee and Partner Family applicant records for the organization. • Responsible for homeowner mortgage payment issues (delinquent payments, foreclosures, etc.) • Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit Habitat Maui to fulfill its mission.
- Work with Board President to prepare an agenda and schedule monthly Board meetings; provide Director update at monthly meetings.
- Assist the Board of Directors in making fundamental decisions, preparing strategic plans and creating/maintaining policies.
- Keep the Board of Directors fully informed of the condition of Habitat Maui and any important factors influencing it.
- Serve as staff liaison to Board Committees including: the Finance Committee, Fundraising & Community Relations Committee, Church Relations Committee, Site Selection & Land Acquisition Committee, Nominating Committee, and Construction Committee.
- Administer orientation and training program for the Board.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity Maui.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit management or other relevant management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees.
- Experience with planning, monitoring, and evaluating budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and implement activities appropriate to further organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability in working with volunteers.
- Experience in speaking to a wide range of community groups.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel
- Experience effectively growing a nonprofit or a business
- Construction knowledge
- Mortgage/underwriting knowledge or experience
- Grant writing knowledge or experience
- Experience with Hawaii Revised Statues and Maui County Ordinances as it relates to the organization’s needs.
All interested individuals may send a resume to email@example.com.