What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a voluntary civil society program that engage adults in public service work with a goal of helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.
This hands-on experience provides you an opportunity to learn and develop new skills and confidence while serving a critical role in helping Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build a better future for themselves and their families.
Habitat AmeriCorps will help…
- Raise your awareness of the social issues that face your community.
- Provides you an opportunity to learn and develop new skills and confidence.
- Helps you gain hands-on project management experience.
- Increase your knowledge of service and engagement.
- Improves your performance at a future job.
Benefits of Service
- Living Stipend
- Segal Education Award (upon successful completion of service)
- Affordable Care Act Compliant Health Care Plan
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
- 10 Personal Time Off/Sick Days
- Approximately 10 Holidays (depending on service location)
- Relocation travel allowance minimum of $750 for members relocating more than 50 miles to serve (VISTA positions)
- Non-competitive hiring status for federal government jobs for one year following your service (VISTA postions)
- AmeriCorps National
- A complete term of service requires the completion of 1,700 service hours and typically lasts 10 1/2 months
- AmeriCorps VISTA
- A complete term of servivce lasts one year, where you typically serve about 40 hours each week
Opportunities are available year-round but most positions are posted in the spring and fall. Visit here to search open positions.
You can help strengthen communities and families through your service.