If you are seeking an opportunity that combines great experience with a passion for helping others, join the Habitat Maui team and help families build homes, communities and hope!
We are currently looking for a full time Construction Project Manager. Multiple openings. See job description below.
email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction Project Manager
Accountable to: Executive Director and Construction Supervisor
Communication with: Executive Director and Community Relations Director
- Supervise construction activity on a Habitat worksite
- Make contact with the Construction Supervisor once day a week prior to workdays to find out what job site will be worked at and what specific tasks need to be accomplished
- During this meeting be prepared to review tasks for the work-day and request specific materials and equipment you would like to have available. Also, ascertain necessary keys to access the project. On this day you may be asked to pick up materials
- Be on site 1/2 hour before volunteers are to arrive to familiarize yourself with the project. Prepare materials and equipment to ensure a prepared workday/evening.
- Hold Morning Meeting with all volunteers prior to the start of the work day. Discuss safety and projects for the day and lead moment of silence.
- Assign tool control individual who will monitor the sign in and sign out of tools.
- Assign volunteers to specific tasks; provide them with tools and materials to complete the task. Deal tactfully with questions and concerns. Involve everyone and move them on to other tasks as they are completed.
- Announce when clean-up time has come and supervise the clean-up of the site. Put away tools and materials, lock doors, shut off lights and water, protect from inclement weather. Account for all tools on the inventory list.
- Notify the Construction Supervisor of the day’s events
- Once a month Construction Committee meetings to update committee on progress of house
- Sound understanding of Habitat philosophy
- Working knowledge of residential construction principles
- Willingness to do something good for the community with dedicated
- Patience to explain and teach various skills
- Ability to ask for help when problems occur